Wednesday, August 20, 2008

dos pueblos costume images

hello all! forgive me if this comes off wonky--my very first time contributing to a blog. here are some images and accompanying thoughts for dos pueblos costumes.




I was surprised to find this image with such a similar eerie flatness and barren color palette as our set. of course this lady has little to do with our world but I like how her costume is neutral tones found in the set (golden browns, bluish and greenish blacks) but how her red purse pops. I think in a small space like milagro, we won't lose the actors if their base colors come from the set--and we could use key colorful pieces for specific characters

the next two images have a similar palette/overall texture and have some key "pop" colors



these next two are from an abandoned gas station. I just kind of love them.



here are some items that I've rounded up--some for specific moments, some that I thought we might find a place for. I know they look bright--but our projection will dull color quite a bit.


trying to solve the "flag that isn't a flag" problem--found these panels--too cute? I would need to screen a mexican flag equivalent--very limited on the mexican flag front.


I bought this dress for $5 and can be easily zipped or just worn in front like an apron--I'm not sure where it goes but the beading and applique reminded me of the virgin (below)


more images are here: http://www.flickr.com/gp/7665203@N04/Q54eLS

one more pic for fun here:

No comments: